Sunday, May 5, 2013

Happy National Scrapbook Day!

Hello and Happy National Scrapbook Day to all my crafty friends!  I was going to spend the weekend celebrating by organizing my craft room and making a few cards, but I decided to first spend some time making some layouts, which is my first love.

I did two layouts using two great sketches.  The first was from Classygirl over at iclassygirl.com .  You can see more information on her blog. She did a live spreecast and showed us how she puts together her fabulous pages.  It was a lot of fun and I can't wait to join her again!

Both of my layouts show pictures of my daughter on her first day of third grade.  The first page shows her in the house before leaving for school, and the second page is of her and her new teacher.


The second sketch was also designed by Classygirl for a National Scrapbook Day challenge over at Scraps of Color . These two sketches complimented each other very well so it was easy for me to flip the sketches to accommodate my picture orientations, stick to the same theme, and knock out two more school pages.

Products used:  Studio Calico paper and wood veneer stars, Hobby Lobby ribbon and buttons, Heidi Grace chipboard letters, Momenta sticker letters

3 comments:

  1. Super cute! Love both of your layouts. Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great layouts. I love how these turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh that to celebrate you were going to organize your craft room...lol. Right now I have a scrap corner, but a room is on the way. OMG,,,,I can SO clearly remeber third grade (Mrs. Phillips)...along with her black paddle.:)

    ReplyDelete